- Sterling silver: Commonly used for jewelry and contains 92.5% silver.
- Silver plating: Adding a layer of silver to an object through electroplating.
- Gold plating: Adding a layer of gold to an object through electroplating.
- Silver rhodium plating: Adding a layer of silver and rhodium to an object through electroplating.
- Anodized aluminum: Chains made of aluminum with an anodizing process to give them a metallic color, gold color, silver color or a pink gold color.
- Imitation jewelry: They are meant to look like fine jewelry but they are made of tin instead of precious materials.
Types of pearls:
- Cultured pearls: They are natural pearls that are farm raised and manipulated by a person to control the shape and size of the pearl.
- Mallorca pearls: Synthetic pearls with a nucleus that is made by a dripping process and coated fours times with a varnish to get its color and shine.
- Czech pearls: Czech glass bead that is covered in varnish like Mallorca pearls.
- Imitation pearls: Coated glass beads with high luster.
- Electroplating: Coating objects with metals.
- Anodized: Process used to increase the natural oxide layer of aluminum or other metals.